Teach English writing, speaking, and listening with this simple and fun lesson plan.
Level: Lower intermediate – advanced
Time: 50 minutes
Materials: Printer paper, scissors, computer, screen, projector
Objectives: S’s will be able to use the imperative and give instructions
Key Vocab: crease, fold (in half), edge, corner, tuck, horizontal, triangle, flap
Step 1. Engage: Watch video and make origami.
- Ask S’s if they know what origami is. Explain. Show an example.
- Introduce key vocab.
- Play butterfly origami video and have class follow along.
Step 2. Study: The Imperative.
- Ask S’s what commands they heard in the video.
- Teach S’s the imperative. Don’t know your grammar that well? Learn about the imperative here. There are tons of worksheets for all levels here.
Step 3. Activate: Give “How to…” demo.
- T introduces how to scramble an egg.
- Put S’s in groups of 2-4 and have them make their own “how to” instruction list. For example, how to: tie your shoes, make a recipe, put on makeup, drive a car, etc..
- S’s come to front of class in groups and demonstrate their “how to…” instructions.
*Not quite sure how to teach English in Korea? Check out this guide: 11 Steps to Effective ESL Lesson Planning.
Filed Under: Teach English